Catalog 2021-2022

Graduate Study in the College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education

The following graduate program are offered:

Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.)
Master of Education in Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)
Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice (M.S.)
Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology (M.S.)

Mission Statement

The College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education offers rigorous, high quality graduate curricula in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership and Instructional Design and Technology. All programs are designed to prepare students for challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. College faculty are excellent teachers, engaging students in the classroom and beyond. The College continually fosters relationships with governmental, nonprofit and community organizations in the greater Tampa Bay area and elsewhere to provide students with the opportunity to pursue an internship, volunteer or interact with professionals working in their chosen field.

Graduate Retention Standards

All graduate students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in both their required courses and a cumulative 3.0 GPA to graduate. Students who fall below a 3.0 GPA are placed on probation and will have an 8-credit probationary period in which to raise their grades to a 3.0 GPA. Students failing to do so will be dismissed. M.S. and M.Ed. students are eligible for this opportunity only once throughout their academic program. If a student’s GPA falls below 3.0 for a second time, she or he will be dismissed. M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology and M.Ed. students who fail to earn a “B” or higher in the first 12 credits of graduate work will be dismissed. No grade below a “C” will be accepted toward a graduate degree.


Each student will be assigned to a graduate faculty member for advising purposes pertaining to class selection and professional guidance. For matters related to registration, withdrawal and other academic issues, students should contact the education program advisor in the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies.