Catalog 2021-2022

Education Abroad Transfer Credit Policy

Prior to studying abroad, students must obtain approval for their selected program from the Office of International Programs. An education abroad advisor will verify that the student’s university of choice has the appropriate accreditation standard so that the University can transfer academic work to UT. An education abroad advisor will facilitate a “Transient Credit Request” form with the necessary signatures to ensure the transferability of coursework. In addition, the following provisions must be satisfied:

  1. The student must be eligible to return to the University.
  2. The student must earn an equivalent grade of “C” or better in any undergraduate course.
  3. Satisfactory/unsatisfactory credits shall not be acceptable, except in the event of a course equivalent to a UT course in which satisfactory/unsatisfactory is the only grade option, such as an internship.
  4. With the exception of the Honors Program Oxford Semester, UT may not post grades for foreign coursework on the UT transcript.
  5. The student may not take courses outside the University for writing-intensive credit.
  6. Students on all education abroad programs must register in IST 000 for any term abroad. Upon receipt of an official transcript, UT will post any earned coursework in place of the IST designation.