Catalog 2023-2024

Academic Amnesty

An undergraduate student may appeal for academic amnesty, a recalculation of his or her cumulative grade point average, if both of the following conditions are met:

  1. The student has not attended UT for five or more consecutive years.
  2. The student re-enrolls after academic dismissal, or after withdrawing voluntarily with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0.

The student must submit an Academic Appeal to the Academic Appeals Committee, c/o the Academic Advising Office.

If the appeal is approved, all courses taken and the original grades remain on the permanent record. Those courses with grades of A, AB, B, BC, C, CD or D are counted for credit only. The student resumes his or her academic program at UT with no cumulative grade point average and thereafter is subject to the conditions of probation and dismissal that govern all students. Please note: the previous cumulative GPA would still be included in any honors graduation GPA calculation.