Catalog 2023-2024

Declaring/Changing Your Advisor or Major

All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor upon admission. If a major area of interest has been indicated on the admissions application, the student’s major will be indicated in the system. First year students enrolled in UTAMPA 101/102 and HON 100 are initially advised by a professional academic advisor in the Academic Success Center and will be reassigned to a faculty advisor related to their major discipline upon completion of their second 14-week semester of coursework. Students enrolled in UTAMPA 103/104 will be assigned to a faculty advisor related to their major discipline. Students enrolled through Continuing Studies are advised by staff advisors in that office.

Students who want to request a change of academic advisor may do so by filling out a change request form on SpartanNet.

Students who want to change/declare a major may do so by completing the request in Workday. Students must officially declare a major by the time they have earned 60 credit hours.